I had a blast last night, tweeting away commentary on the Golden Globes red carpet. I had all sorts of opinions but mostly was awed by the return of real hollywood glamour and the sheer beauty of these stars. Claire Danes accepted her Golden Globe award for best performance by an actress in a television series (“Homeland”) in a black and white J Mendel. The dress (especially the back) was pretty but the real star was her makeup.
Matin Maulawizada, Global Artistry Director and Brand Ambassador for Laura Mercier, created her Old Hollywood look. Her lips were the star – order Laura Mercier Crème Lip Colour in Seduction shade now because it is already on backorder at some stores.
• To ensure she looked flawless throughout the evening – from her early afternoon red carpet arrival to post-show after-parties, Matin prepped Claire’s face using the iconic Laura Mercier Foundation Primer, $30.
• Laura Mercier Crème Smooth Foundation in Sunny Beige, $50, evened out her skin tone.
• Matin then lightly applied Laura Mercier Shimmer Bloc in Golden Mosaic, $38, to Claire’s cheekbones to enhance her natural glow.
• Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage in SC3, $28, brightened darker tones under Claire’s eyes.
• The look was set with Laura Mercier Loose Setting Powder in Translucent, $34, a universal loose powder that creates a soft-focus effect on-camera.
• Matin used Laura Mercier Tightline Cake Eye Liner in Black Ebony, $22, to line Claire’s upper and lower rims, and finished the look with two coats of Laura Mercier Waterproof Mascara, $20.