Lina Hansen is a Swedish makeup artist, currently based in Hollywood. She has quite the lineup of celebrity clients who are already fans of her new serum. So naturally, I had to try it. Like some other “oils” out there, the Global Face Serum is a blend designed to be used as a moisturizer or pre-moisturizer treatment. What makes it different is that the blend is organic and sourced specifically to suport female empowerment and fair trade. Many of the ingredients are harvested by women to promote economic growth in their countries.
I’ve been using one pump, morning and night in addition to a creamy moisturizer. I have been pleased with increased radiance and improved hydration. It is quickly absorbed and calms down my skin after exfoliation. I am using a fairly strong retinol right now, so the addition of the serum has provided much needed balancing and healing. And it looks amazing under makeup. I’ve mixed a little with tinted moisturizer for a dewy, fresh look.
Normally, I would summarize the ingredients, but I love how Lina has detailed what each carefully selected ingredient will actually do for you. It is a little primer in natural skin care:
- Marula — rich in antioxidants, anti-aging properties and is said to be a more potent source of vitamin c than oranges
- Baobab — helps prevent and treat dry skin conditions
- Camellia Seed — moisturizes, brightens the skin, lightens age spots and prevents wrinkles
- Argan — protects against premature aging, hydrates the skin and neutralizes free radicals
- Brazil Nut — maintains smooth, younger looking skin
- Pumpkin Seed — decreases redness on the skin caused by rosacea
- Mandarin — promotes a finer textured skin and helps remove any congestion as well as acne scars
- Neroli — improves elasticity, stimulates new cell growth and softens wrinkles and scars
- Frankincense — rejuvenates the skin and prevent the formation of wrinkles
- Palmarosa — moisturizes your skin yet balances the hydration levels
- Ylang Ylang — cures both dry and oily skin
Oh, and also worth mentioning:
- No animal ingredients/no animal testing
- Completely free of parabens, artificial fragrance, silicone, petrochemicals, synthetic fragrances or any other chemical ingredient.