1. Almay Eyeshadow Trio Smoky Smoky Hazel - Sorry to start out on a negative note, but skip this guy. The powder has very little pigment and is quite dry. I like the idea of a kit that caters to eye color, but they missed on this one.
2. L’Oreal Infallible Eyeshadow - Instead, pick up these pots. They look like pressed powder but have a creamy formula. They apply like a dream. I wish they had more colors and some less metallic options but only because I love them so much. I have Endless Pearl, which is relatively matte and a great base color. Bronze Taupe is a beautiful, warm and multifaceted neutral. These appear much more expensive than they are. Also, they mean it when they say don’t discard the little interior plastic to press down the product. If it isn’t on there the powder loosens. Whoopsie.
3. Ardell Fashion Lashes Black (110) – I am relatively new to false lashes and was incredibly intimidated to try them. But I gave it a whirl with these, using Duo adhesive. It was a breeze! They look very natural and I got loads of compliments. They were comfortable to wear didn’t damage my own lashes. Use tweezers to hold the lash strip. Put a dot of glue on the back of your hand. Slowly and carefully dip the lash strip into the glue several times along base of the lashes. Lay onto your lashes, add mascara and liner to blend with your own!
4. Revlon ColorStay Eyeliner in Blackest Black – This guy is an award winner and no surprise why. The formula has massive staying power. The color is a perfect, deep black. The brush is easy to handle. Need I say more?
5. Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blush in Coffee Cake – I’ve been ooing and ahing about this innovative product all over the social media waves. The texture is what makes this blush different. It almost feels like a makeup applicator sponge at first. It is malleable but springs back. It applies like a cream, but dries to a long staying powder appearance. The effect is not matte but there is no shimmer (which I love). I picked up Coffee Cake, a nude peach that works great for a tonal, natural face.
6. eos Smooth Sphere Lip Balm - I reviewed these here, but I just had to mention them again. They are fabulous balms and are so easy to find in a big purse. They have loads of flavors with medicated and SPF options.
7. Maybelline Color Tatoo 24HR Eyeshadow in Bad to the Bronze - Another standout drugstore eyeshadow. This is creamier than the L’Oreal Infallible Eyeshadow, with slighly less pigment but a little more staying power. Bad to the Bronze is a lighter version of Bronze Taupe. I also wish this came in more colors because I love it so. Many of the shades are dramatic and on the cooler side.
8. eos Shave Cream, Ultra Moisturizing, Lavender Jasmine - If you like a foaming shave cream, this isn’t for you. But the smell is what sold me. It also comes in pomegranate raspberry, island blue, cucumber melon, vanilla bliss and sensitive – fragrance free. It is massively hydrating and almost feels like conditioner.
9. eos Refresh Active Care Hand and Body Lotion – Again, they got me on the fabulous scent. The fresh cucumber lingers just enough. It isn’t greasy in the least bit. These products aren’t tested on animals and paraban-free. I’m becoming quite the eos fan.