I’ve definitely covered loads of foundation options for those of you with dry skin like me (look here, here and here). But this one is for all those with oiler skin. Laura Mercier has just come out with new oil-free foundation that gives skin the ultimate coverage, comfort and wear for a flawless complexion.
Here’s what she promised (and delivered):
- Oil-free, non-drying, lightweight formula glides on evenly on to skin and does not settle into fine lines.
- Visibly minimizes the appearance of pores for smoother skin.
- Buildable coverage, from moderate to full, evens skin tone.
- Provides a soft matte finish.
- Longwearing formula (lasts up to 8 hours) feels lightweight and comfortable on skin.
- Silicone-free, fragrance-free, non-greasy.
The formula is excellent – smooth, great staying power and even, matte finish. My only caveat is make sure you actually do have oily skin. This will only play nice with truly oily skin. My guinea pig, Corey, assured me she had oily skin but it was even drying for her. But when I tried it on my early-twenties buddy with the right complexion, the Oil-Free Supreme Foundation really shined. I love this for younger skin with acne problems. The addition of aloe, green tea, and silica sooths, heals and corrects. Vitamin A will also help correct imperfections. And Vitamin E hydrates without a greasy finish.
The oil-free foundation hits counters this month and is available in 12 shades: Porcelain Ivory, Blush Ivory, Warm Ivory, Sunny Beige, Vanilla Beige, Golden Beige, Shell Beige, Tawny Beige, Honey Beige, Suntan Beige, Toffee Bronze, Rich Sienna).