What do you get when you mix the buzz-worthy beauty ingredient with affordable, drugstore cult-favorite brand? St. Ives Scrub-free Exfoliating Pads and Naturally Smooth Hand Cream! Love it the latest and greatest appears on drugstore shelves. And what’s hot right now are AHA’s.
So what are AHAs and how do they work? The most common forms of AHAs are: glycolic acid (from sugar cane), lactic acid , malic acid (from apples), citric acid (from citrus fruits) and tartaric acid (from grape wine). Human skin has two principal components, the avascular epidermis and the underlying vascular dermis. Aging generally occurs in the underlying dermis. So that’s where AHAs come in. Due to small molecular size, these guys can penetrate the top layer of skin (glycolic is the smallest). The generate more collagen at deeper levels and generate new cells at the surface.
I’ve been incorporating these into my routine in the form of products found in the post here. But if your looking to find them at the drugstore price point, look no further!
St. Ives Scrub-Free Exfoliating Pads are gentle enough to use everyday. They are perfect to throw in a gym bag or pack for a summer trip.
- First mass-market brand exfoliating pads with alpha hydroxy acids (AHAs)
- Exfoliates to reveal smoother, younger-looking skin in just 7 days
- Formulated with 100 percent natural lactic acid
- Available at select mass retailers, drugstores and supermarkets nationwide for $4.99 (SRP)
St. Ives Naturally Smooth Hand Cream is incredibly nourishing. It is easy to forget that aging is so apparent on delicate skin on the back of your hands. AHAs will help keep the skin looking young will moisturizing like a champ.
- Exfoliates and improves the appearance of rough, uneven skin in just 7 days
- 100 percent natural moisturizers help it absorb quickly into skin
- Formulated with natural alpha hydroxy acids (AHAs)
- Available at Target stores nationwide for $2.99 (SRP)