Two main reasons why I appreciate Laura Slatkin (other than her outstanding home fragrances). First, she’s a Wall Street girl turned luxury goods expert. I too have some Wall Street years under my belt, so I know how hard it can to be to transition out of that world. Secondly, she’s bringing her award winning home fragrances to our skin. Yep, NEST is rolling out the personal care products. Since this brand is far and away one of my favorites in the space, I wanted to share a few of my favorites with you.
- You already know how much I love when fashion and beauty meet (hello, Guerlain and Pucci). Same goes for home fragrance and fashion. Jason Wu launched his first fragrance, Orchid Rain, in scented candle form in March. Inspired by florals, Wu included crisp freshness of rare orchid and Asian pear. And the porcelain vessel can be reused (currently home to my makeup brushes).
- My favorite size of candle is the single wick. They last about 50 hours and are easy to maintain. The grapefruit is perfect for a clean, “pick me up” scent. Pink pomelo grapefruit and watery green nuances are blended with Lily of the Valley and Coriander Blossom.
- I usually don’t like uber-floral candles, but springtime sometimes calls for Peony Blanche Candle. Peony blossoms and watery nuances are accented by a white floral bouquet of jasmine, magnolia, and lily.
- I’m new to the diffuser scene and already hooked. It is a persistant and low-maintenance way to freshen a room. I keep my Blue Garden in the bathroom – never having to fret about leaving it unattended.
- Here is where the beauty blogger in me REALLY gets excited. Hand soaps are the newest launch and just the beginning of what I hope to be a large personal care line. The soaps are not drying and housed in the most beautiful vessel. Moss and Mint is great for the kitchen and Bamboo (green citrus and white florals) is perfect for the guest bath.
- My favorite of all NEST scents is Moroccan Amber – just a hint masculine and so cozy for an evening spent in.
Keep an eye out for the Beach line hitting counters soon – sparkling turquoise water and lush coconut are married with juicy melon and a luminous base of lotus flower and sensual woods.