Amy Oresman, celebrity makeup artist from Neutrogena, shares some of her tips using for holiday makeup. I’ve been test driving these items too over the past couple of weeks and am also sharing my thoughts on these drugstore buys.
1. During the holidays when you’re running from one event to the next, your makeup can take a beating. To help you look picture perfect, it’s important to start with a good base. The Healthy Skin Primer Broad Spectrum SPF 15 instantly smoothes skin imperfections so makeup applies more evenly and lasts longer.
Editor’s note: I LOVE, I mean love, this primer. It evens skin just on its own while cooling and hydrating. I love the SPF (non-irritating at that). And there is no balling and sliding under makeup.
2. Between parties, shopping and cooking, the holidays can leave many women feeling and looking rundown, often showing up as bags and dark circles under the eyes. Healthy Skin Brightening Eye Perfector is a do-it-all product that not only brightens and conceals but is clinically proven to de-puff and treat dark under eye circles. Formulated with optical eye brighteners, this silky formula instantly boosts radiance and lightens shadows around the eye area, leaving skin looking refreshed and more even-toned, so you’re close-up ready!
Editor’s note: I’ve had one of these in the rotation for a couple months. This is not an illuminator pen – it really conceals with a radiant and moderate-coverage finish. I love using it around my eyes and down the sides of my nose.
3. Often times, the photo flash can make your look washed out. To really make your eyes pop, eyeliner is a girl’s best friend. Nourishing Eyeliner contains a specialized blend of light-reflecting pearls that help make the whites of eyes appear whiter, while the rich color instantly brightens and defines eyes. What’s more, the formula is enriched with skin-conditioning ingredients including olive oil, rainforest shea butter and Vitamin E to help nourish the delicate skin at the base of the lashes.
Editor’s note: This creamy liner is easy to use and especially great for a smudgy look (there is a smudging sponge at the other end). I love the in-cap sharpener and addition of vitamins and conditioners for delicate skin. This sadly doesn’t work on a water-line, but could be great in conjunction with your favorite eye kohl (remember: layering liners makes them stay longer).
4. My must-have accessory for any holiday look is mascara! My personal preference is HEALTHY VOLUME® Mascara because it builds lash volume by 400% with the triple benefits of olive extract, Meadowfoam seed and sweet almond for fuller, more conditioned lashes. The exclusive super sized Visible Volume brush quickly coats and builds every single lash, without clumping, smudging or flaking, resulting in beautifully defined lashes that are conditioned from the inside out.
Editor’s note: This mascara not only conditions and improves your lashes, but boosts volume in a major way. The large brush is my preferred tool and adequately coats each last for more length and fullness. There is no dry, crispy feeling (hate when that happens).
5. No holiday look is complete without the perfect pout to round off the picture perfect look! Every woman wants soft, luxurious lips, but achieving them isn’t always so easy since many products can leave lips feeling dry, especially during the winter months. Revitalizing Lip Balm SPF 20 is formulated with with ion2complex™ Technology that offers a surge of moisture and improves lips’ overall appearance. In just one week, this sheer tinted balm is clinically proven to improve the texture of lips while restoring lips’ rosiness.
Editor’s note: It is hard for me to not love a good balm. These did not disappoint They really are hydrating with a fruity flavor. I love “Sheer Shimmer” for an easy translucent lip and “Petal Glow” gives a subtle hint of rose, both leaving my lips super shiny.
AN EDITORIAL SAMPLE WAS PROVIDED BY THE COMPANY AND EVALUATED TO DETERMINE OUR OPINION OF THE PRODUCT IN THIS POST. PLEASE SEE THE DISCLOSURES PAGE FOR FURTHER INFORMATION REGARDING OUR POLICIES FOR USING EDITORIAL SAMPLES.