I got a touch overwhelmed with work yesterday. You know that point when you approach complete lack of productivity? Yeah, I hit that. So, I put on some winter makeup and headed out for some holiday shopping. I took the opportunity to use some odds and ends in the makeup drawer and want to highlight some favorites:
- Laura Mercier ‘Art Deco Muse Collection’ Lip Lacquer in Laque Rouge: I got so many compliments on this shade. It was balanced – not too warm and not too cool. The finish was ultra-shiny, it was easy to apply and I got a couple hours of wear out of it.
- stila ‘all over shimmer’ liquid luminizer (sample from birchbox): Highlighter can approach too disco on me, but this version is blendable and fairly sheer. I love it on my cheekbones.
- Tarte EmphasEYES Waterproof Clay Shadow in Black: This liner applies like a gel and is super long-wear. The best part is the ultra-fine brush it comes with for a perfectly precise line.
- CARGO Blu_ray Pressed Powder: This oil-free powder uses photochromatic pigments to automatically color correct make-up. It is micro-fine so lines are filled and imperfections are camoflauged. This is a great addition to tinted moisturizer or BB Cream when you just need a touch more.
- NARS Illuminator Orgasm: I’m just not a fan of Orgasm blush on me, but this Illuminator is a different story. The sheer nature keeps it from being too orange. I love the subtle color on my cheeks when I am more fair during the winter months.
While I was out, I stopped at the local Le Métier de Beauté counter to check out their newest eye kit – it is a beauty!
Shades include (from top to bottom):
- Axiom: sublime bronzed umber
- Graphic: silver liquid metal
- Crucible: rich pomegranate
- Genre: deep gun metal
Loads of new and fabulous things are happening at Belle Belle for the holiday season and new year. The aforementioned overwhelming feeling was completely born from fabulous projects and partnerships – all on a happy note. Speaking of happy… I am thrilled to report I reached 10,000 Pinterest followers yesterday! Thank you followers – and for those of you who aren’t… link here. Cheers!