It has been a week and I am hooked. I have to say, my lifestyle changed quite a bit this week, but in a way that made me feel better and look better. I tried lots of different meals and snacks and was really surprised by how tasty the food has been. I wasn’t expecting it to be bad. But I was expecting it to be “diet”. Not so. This program, I am learning, is about lifestyle, not depravation. On that note, I feel like I am constantly eating. With so many snacks, veggies, shakes and meals… there is always something sitting on my desk. Yet, my iPhone app tells me my daily calorie count is appropriately low. Here are some other key takeaways:
- I exercised every single day this week. I was dreading it but actually found I already look forward to hopping on the eliptical and notching up that incline level.
- 64 ounces of water is a lot, but I have committed to drinking that and more on a daily basis and my skin says thank you! My face already looks more radiant.
- Hummus and carrots are the bomb – my snack that hits the spot.
- Protein shakes are delicious and give me fuel for the AM hours when I always used to be so groggy.
- I’m finding that I love dessert – never was much of a dessert person before. But now I love that special treat at the end of a day, especially when it is low calorie and packed with fiber.
So, here is the moment of truth: I lost 2.4 pounds this week. I couldn’t be more thrilled. So will the initial 5 pound loss, I am down 7.4 pounds so far.
Check out my first Nutrisystem post here.
Want to lose weight and get healthy on Nutrisystem? Join today by calling 1-888-853-4689 or by visiting http://www.nutrisystem.com/nsblog.
Disclosure: As part of the Nutrisystem Nation Blogger Program, Nutrisystem has provided me with complementary meals in exchange for my honest thoughts on the Nutrisystem plan. The opinions expressed in my posts are strictly my own. No other compensation is being given.