On Thursday, I was blown away by the Instagrams from La Perla’s presentation at The Gallery at Dream Downtown. Often so difficult with lingerie, the collection was sexy, sophisticated, feminine and so luxe. And the makeup – swoon. Here are some of the details from Hourglass artist Moani Lee who created two distinct and beautiful looks.
For La Perla’s Black Label collection, Lee focused on the eyes. The look is a “fresh take on the classic smoky eye, featuring a blend of black and brown kohl liner,” she says. “There are no harsh lines, it’s a softer interpretation that showcases beautiful, almond-shaped eyes.” The nude color on lips is a preview of Hourglass Femme Nude Lip Stylo, a collection of neutral lipsticks to be released in the fall (cannot wait!).
For the La Perla collection, focus was on the lips. Lee blended two shades of Hourglass Femme Rouge Velvet Crème Lipstick. “It was one part Icon and three parts Raven,” she says.
For both looks:
- Prep with Hourglass No. 28 Primer Serum to create a seamless canvas for makeup.
- Follow with Hourglass Veil Fluid Makeup in three shades: Porcelain, Ivory and Honey. “I use the deepest shade to contour, the lightest shade to highlight and the matching shade for the rest of the skin,” says Lee.
- Repeat the process with Hourglass Hidden Corrective Concealer in three shades: Hidden, Fair and Tan.
- Finish up with Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder (reviewed here) in three shades: Radiant (golden beige), Dim (neutral beige) and Luminous (champagne pearl). “Blending the three powders creates an exceptional glow. You can literally become your own lighting technician.”
- Augment brows with Hourglass Arch Sculpting Brow Pencil in Soft Brunette (reviewed here).
- Prep lips with Hourglass No. 28 Lip Oil, launching this summer
For the soft eyes and bold lip at the La Perla Collection:
- Line the eyes with Hourglass Film Noir Kohl Eye Pencil in Espresso
- Apply the mauve shimmer shade from Hourglass Visionaire Eye Shadow Duo in Exhibition to the lids.
- Finish with a few coats of Hourglass Film Noir Full Spectrum Mascara (reviewed here).
- Apply Hourglass Femme Rouge Velvet Crème Lipstick in Raven and Icon.
For the nude lip and bold eyes at La Perla Black Label:
- Line the eyes with Hourglass Film Noir Kohl Eye Pencil in Eclipse and smudge (reviewed here).
- Follow with Hourglass Film Noir Kohl Eye Pencil in Espresso and smudge. “Layering the two shades gives the eyes more depth and intrigue,” says Lee.
- Follow with the eggplant shimmer shade from Hourglass Visionaire Eye Shadow Duo in Exhibition on the lids.
- Finish with a few coats of Hourglass Film Noir Full Spectrum Mascara.
- Apply Hourglass Femme Nude Lip Stylo, coming this fall. “There are six shades and you pick the one that best suits your skin tone,” says Lee.