Kate Somerville D-Scar Diminishing Serum

by Lindsay on February 6, 2013

in skin-care

Kate Somerville D-Scar Diminishing Serum // Belle Belle Beauty

My scars are nasty. They are elevated, red and very persistant. Fortunately, I don’t have acne scars. But I have loads of scars from having moles removed (melanoma runs in my family) and a nasty sucker on my foot from surgery.

Naturally, when my beloved Kate Somerville came out with a scar treatment, I was on it. I think it is primarily targeted for acne scaring and uneven texture, but I was quickly assured by Kate that it is also for new and old surgical scars.

The packaging on this thing is genius. The serum is in a tube with a locking dispenser and metal rollerball. Twist “ON” (the tip only rotates one direction – picture me trying to spin it the wrong way – fail)Gently squeeze a small amount of serum onto the tip, twist-and-lock “OFF”, and massage with the rollerball into the scar.

The serum contains DS-7, a microencapsulated peptide, which encourages the skin renewal process. A botanical extract helps even out the appearance of skin texture, reducing the pigment in the scar. I was going to give this a whole 8 weeks test run, but after two short weeks, my results were so miraculous, I had to spread the word. Check out my before and after (sorry for the weird foot photos):

Kate Somerville D-Scar Before and After // Belle Belle Beauty

Use it morning and night. If you use it on your face, follow with moisturizer. Don’t forget your sunscreen!

AN EDITORIAL SAMPLE WAS PROVIDED BY THE COMPANY AND EVALUATED TO DETERMINE OUR OPINION OF THE PRODUCT IN THIS POST. PLEASE SEE THE DISCLOSURES PAGE FOR FURTHER INFORMATION REGARDING OUR POLICIES FOR USING EDITORIAL SAMPLES.

{ 10 comments… read them below or add one }

Deborah February 6, 2013 at 4:21 pm

Can you tell us how old that scar was before you started using the serum?

Lindsay February 6, 2013 at 4:28 pm

Sure! It is from April 2010. But I have been using it on new scars from a procedure a couple weeks ago and I’m seeing the same effects.

Adiel February 6, 2013 at 4:24 pm

Thanks for the recommendation on this product! I’m loving it so far, myself! I know it’s too soon to really be able to tell (only a week), but I swear my scars are getting lighter already!

Lindsay February 6, 2013 at 4:29 pm

I believe it! I saw results that quickly too! It is such a great product and I am thrilled to hear you are enjoying it. 🙂

Caroline February 7, 2013 at 4:19 pm

Do you know if the results are temporary or will it actually get rid of the scar over time?

Lindsay February 7, 2013 at 4:23 pm

It permanently gets rid of the scar.

Diana February 7, 2013 at 7:12 pm

Results look wonderful! I wish you continued success with it! I was wondering if the product had any negative effect, ie, did it affect neighboring skin or cause anything strange? It seems like the skin is looking more and more normal, which is encouraging! I hope to try the product too, I just hope it doesn’t break me out or cause the skin to grow abnormally.
Thanks!

Lindsay February 7, 2013 at 7:20 pm

Thank you! I haven’t seen it effect the surrounding skin at all. It actually makes healthy skin smoother and softer.

Tina March 19, 2013 at 6:16 pm

How are the results about 6 weeks later( 8 weeks total) Would you think this would work on a facial scar that is also a surgical scar. It is about 5 inches

Lindsay March 20, 2013 at 2:06 pm

My scar was a surgical scar, so I think you will see similar, wonderful results. The progress has been steady over the weeks since this picture. The scar is almost totally faded!