I’ve been a long-time by Terry fan. I am captivated by the fact that she developed the iconic YSL’s Touch d’Eclat before starting her own line. And I fell hard with the first of her products I tried, this beauty. Terry de Gunzburg Fragrances were somewhat of a surprise to me. I didn’t expect her to develop a perfume. But I knew she would do it incredibly well. I’ve been wearing all five scents over the past couple of weeks and honestly struggle to find a favorite. While some are heavier and some are fresher, I find them “season-less”. I didn’t go crazy layering and trying different combinations, but they are designed to be both worn alone and combined.
Terry was inspired by gardens, contemporary art and haute couture. They are pure, yet unique and have a variety of floral notes.
- Lumières d’épices (citrus, sensory, luminous, a combination of citrus fruit’s freshness, spices and a floral signature) – I love the citrus combined with a sultry finish.
- Ombre Mercure (oriental, powdery, mysterious, captivating, an overdose of powdery violet) – This seductive scent is heavy in a good way with a touch of masculinity.
- Rêve Opulent (musky, sensual, feminine, a tribute to gardenia) – An exotic and luxurious scent that feels deliciously cozy.
- Partis Pris (woody, amber, passion, conviction, a rich and multi-faceted fragrance with pronounced olfactory nuances) – Decidedly girly, this scent is unique. I love the amber that comes through.
- Flagrant Delice (fruity, delicious, a contemporary and delectable fig) – Very fresh and crisp on me with a clean finish.
All five wear well on me, lasting throughout the day. I don’t get dramatically different notes on a dry down. These fragrances are sophisticated and clean. Not to mention would make for a fabulous holiday gift.
Price: $195 each, Available at Barneys.com
AN EDITORIAL SAMPLE MAY HAVE BEEN PROVIDED BY THE COMPANY AND EVALUATED TO DETERMINE OUR OPINION OF THE PRODUCT IN THIS POST. PLEASE SEE THE DISCLOSURES PAGE FOR FURTHER INFORMATION REGARDING OUR POLICIES FOR USING EDITORIAL SAMPLES.