I’m having a moment. I get them every now and then. Thanks to my eight years living in California, occasionally the West Coast just calls my name. Unfortunately, I can’t jet away right this moment – or anytime soon. So my new favorite brand from Venice, CA is whisking me away in the beauty department.
Strange Invisible Perfumes was founded in 2000 by botanical perfumer Alexandra Balahoutis with a passion for authentic, organic, biodynamic and hydro-distilled essences. These hand-blended scents are made in limited batches and distilled in esprit de Cognac and aged for a minimum of six months. That translates into “fancy” in Californian.
But not only luxurious, these fragrances are unique and sexy. The twelve scents are:
- AQUARIAN ROSE: Hydro-distilled rose brightens a warm sea of marjoram and sandalwood.
- ATLANTIC: A warm, layered composition of bay rum, frankincense and amber with a civilized note of English peppermint.
- BLACK ROSETTE: The dark side of roses. Hydro-distilled essences of rose and Moroccan spearmint cling to the menacing aroma of leather.
- DIMANCHE: Iris root, hydro-distilled rose, honey and amber recollect leisurely Sunday lunches in Paris.
- EPIC GARDENIA: The humid, velvety scent of live gardenias.
- FAIR VERONA: Jasmine blooms sparkle with hydro-distillates of bergamot, grapefruit, sandalwood and mimosa absolute.
- L’INVISIBLE: Hydro-distilled essences of lemon, bergamot and mandarin enliven a warm heart of vanilla, rose, ylang ylang, jasmine and oakmoss.
- MAGAZINE STREET: An opulent perfume inspired by New Orleans. Vanilla, vetiver, magnolia and botanical musk conjure lush gardens wild with history and balconies of black iron lace.
- MUSC BOTANIQUE: Organic, hydro-distilled geranium and frankincense enhance crystalline notes of white amber and botanical musk.
- PELOPONNESIAN: Notes of mountain sage honey, Aegean sea air, hydro-distilled lime, orange and cypress evoke the ancient aromas of the Peloponnesos in southern Greece.
- PRIMA BALLERINA: A satiny bouquet of hydro-distilled rose, white sage, lime and botanical musk.
Even though it is fairly masculine, I have fallen hard for Atlantic. I love it for sporty summer days and it will work perfectly on cozy winter weather. Don’t miss their body products as well. I have been totally hooked on the lavender & vetiver to unwind during and after my evening shower. And they just came out with their first 15ml travel size. So if you are lucky enough to jet away (I’ll live vicariously through you) and pick one of these up!
Available at SIperfumes.com.
AN EDITORIAL SAMPLE MAY HAVE BEEN PROVIDED BY THE COMPANY AND EVALUATED TO DETERMINE OUR OPINION OF THE PRODUCT IN THIS POST. PLEASE SEE THE DISCLOSURES PAGE FOR FURTHER INFORMATION REGARDING OUR POLICIES FOR USING EDITORIAL SAMPLES.