I’ll keep this fairly short and sweet seeing as I am a person who prefers more brief blog posts and articles: these are the steps I take when I
haul ass get ready in the mornings before work (sometimes I will step out of the box with bolder shades on evenings out with the girls).
1. bareMinerals Complexion Rescue Tinted Hydrating Gel Cream – this new launch has been all over the internet recently, but the hype is warranted. My dry skin eats this up and I get a glow with fairly sheer coverage. I love the brush sold with it but it is no longer in my possession – my former makeup artist friend snagged it this weekend (if that’s a clue as to how good it really is!). I am able to wear both Suede and Vanilla interchangeably.
2. Kate Somerville IllumniKate Concealing Eye Cream – since I am going with a sheer face, I don’t want to cake on a concealer. This eye pen masks dark circles and works to improve the look of skin at the same time. So think long-term improvement towards a bright and wrinkle-free under eye!
3. MAC Brow Set – I alternate using this and a pencil but for now I like the way Brow Set subtly colors brow hairs and sets them at the same time. I currently use Girl-Boy but I think next time I will purchase the slightly darker Show-Off.
4. NARS Contour Blush – To simplify things, I use this duo instead of a powder. I use the darker shade under my cheek bones, temples and jaw line with a bronzer brush. Then using a smaller dome brush, I use the lighter shade under my eyes (to set the concealing eye cream), down my nose and on my chin. Powdered, bronzed and set all with one product. I use the shade Olympia (and Paloma in the summer).
5. Hourglass Modernist Eyeshadow Palette – this product is brand new and I had very high hopes for it. Thankfully, I am really happy with it. But it should be noted these powders are very creamy and soft – I just happen to really like that formulation. I wear the matte and lighter shades in the Infinity palette.
6. Chanel Stylo Yeux Waterproof – an old favorite that I have rescued from the depths of the Belle Belle Beauty closet. I find this liner doesn’t drift and works well on both the waterline and just above the lashes. And it at its best in the classic black shade.
7. bareMinerals Lash Domination Volumizing Mascara – also an old favorite, this mascara really does it all and does it well. I get volume, curl and and inky finish that doesn’t fall out – something that is quickly becoming my biggest pet peeve.
Shop The Post:
AN EDITORIAL SAMPLE MAY HAVE BEEN PROVIDED BY THE COMPANY AND EVALUATED TO DETERMINE OUR OPINION OF THE PRODUCT IN THIS POST. PLEASE SEE THE DISCLOSURES PAGE FOR FURTHER INFORMATION REGARDING OUR POLICIES FOR USING EDITORIAL SAMPLES.