1. I can’t quit reaching for my summer bronzer – I am just not quite ready to give up that sun-kissed glow. This bronzer by the Balm has just enough umph and a balance between pink and brown. It also looks great on the lids. (available at Nordstrom)
2. This Victoria’s Secret eye kohl fits perfectly across my lids. I close my eyes around the crayon and drag it outward. This gives a thin, yet intense, jet-black line for a more smoldering eye. I can’t find it online, but it is worth checking out if they have it in the store.
3. BareMinerals Well-Rested Face & Eye Brightener is similar to the YSL Touche Eclat, but has a balanced mineral infusion of radiance. It truly energizes and awakens the eye area. It is sheer so it works on all skin tones. (available at Sephora)
4. As far as BB Creams go, 3LAB is my go-to. I love the coverage, consistency and match to my skin tone. It is on the heavier side but I find if I apply it with the included roller contraption, it goes on super even and natural looking. (available at Nordstrom)
5. I am definitely feeling the spicy, cozy scents for the fall. And this Amber is a clear, clean incarnation that has a hint of musk. (available at Amazon)
6. These hair ties are basically ingrained in my life. They are everywhere: car, bedside tables, purse, bathroom, kitchen. I love they don’t tear or break long strands and they hold up like a champ. I think I have some that around 3 or 4 years old. They even hold my long hair in a top knot (twistbands are available at Birchbox)
7. And for my NYFW “best find”: Clarins Beauty-Flash Balm. This mask/treatment is ideal for a busy day or big event. After not enough sleep, I slapped this on before a big brunch and found my skin looked hydrated, glowy and not the least bit tired. Leave it on for 10 minutes and then apply makeup. Your look will have an extra radiance. (available at Neiman Marcus)
We are more than halfway through summer and I am still enjoying the casual days, subtle makeup and festive mood. I’m also seeing the effects of time by the pool – filled with pore clogging sunscreen and dreaded hyper-pigmentation causing sun. I thought I’d share some of my favorite complexion savers that have been especially helpful to me during the summer routine.
1. Kate Somerville Complexion Correction Daily Discoloration Perfector: This stuff goes after melanin (which causes those dark spots). The formula actually controls the creation of pigments, while lightening at the same time. Retinol is also included to fight those fine lines and wrinkles.
2. Bliss No ‘Zit’ Sherlock Rubberizing Mask: Bring a little piece of Bliss Spa home with this “way too fun” rubberizing mask. There is something so satisfying about peeling off the mask after it has dried. Tea tree, seaweed and willow and menthol extracts help complexion look less shiny and improves the appearance of pores.
3. 3LAB Perfect BB SPF40/ PA+++: Armed with high factor SPF, this tinted moisturizer can even skin and fight those dark spots while making skin appear flawless. The formula contains 3LAB’s proprietary bioengineered growth hormone that can reverse the signs of aging.
4. Obagi Professional-C Serum 15% Strength: This serum effectively delivers a high-powered amount of Vitamin C into the skin. Vitamin C is great anti-aging ingredient which also lightens and brightens skin. Unlike other Vitamin C products, I get zero irritation despite the high level of active ingredient.
5. Bliss No ‘Zit’ Sherlock Correcting Serum: Containing 1% Salicylic acid, this serum gently heals blemishes and fades darks spots that those blemishes leave behind. If you have oiler skin, it makes for a great all over serum, reducing pore size and redness.
Back in May, I covered my favorite BB Creams for various skin types and needs. Since then, I’ve come across another BB Cream that is worthy of All-Star fame and I had to add it to the roster. 3LAB ‘Perfect’ BB Cream SPF 40 PA+++ is like the super-charged, ultra BB Cream. Exceptional is a word that comes to mind.
Like many other BB Creams, the 3LAB version is quite the multi-tasker. It makes my skin vastly more even, brightened and smooth. It isn’t quite as dewy as the NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer SPF 30/PA+++, but more luminous than Dr. Jart+ Premium Beauty Balm SPF 45 PA+++. 3LAB ‘Perfect’ BB Cream is available in three shades: light, medium and dark. Medium works perfectly on my NC30-NC35 skin. Coverage is pretty substantial for a BB Cream, but looks extraordinarily natural.
Its efficacy is emboldened by some serious technology. The formula contains a patented Human Growth Hormone (hGH) that treats fine lines and wrinkles. Peptides help whiten and brighten skin. Ingredients like pea proteins help promote collagen production. And it can help calm skin and reduce irritation. I love the high SPF factor and vitamin E as a natural antioxidant. You can tell these guys don’t mess around, using state of the art technology to bring us a BB Cream that goes above and beyond.
Available at Nordstrom with free shipping.