I feel like I am sounding like a broken record. But this time of year allows for my ultimate indulgence in my favorite, spicy scents like amber. Not only am I wearing a version as a fragrance, but I am also stocking my shower with these cozy scents.
H2O Plus has been a favorite for a while. Their marine-inspired collections are subtly scented and hydrate my dry skin. The Spa Sea Amber Collection is no different. Vanilla and citrus mix well to be both soothing and warm. The formulas actually contain Sea Amber found along the Baltic seashores, upping the nourishing factor.
I’ve been testing out the body care trio: Body Wash, Skin Smoother and Body Lotion. The wash cleanses without tightening skin. And my redness-prone skin is left calm. The Skin Smoother is amazingly hydrating with sweet almond and macadamia oils. And the sea salts exfoliate dry, autumn skin leaving a radiance. Last, the lotion contains H2O Plus’ Hydrating Marine Blend and Cocoa butter that adds moisture but doesn’t leave skin greasy.
My skin has a very subtle scent – it isn’t cloying or overly sweet. To boost the effect, use all three products used together.
Available at Ulta and H2OPlus.com
AN EDITORIAL SAMPLE MAY HAVE BEEN PROVIDED BY THE COMPANY AND EVALUATED TO DETERMINE OUR OPINION OF THE PRODUCT IN THIS POST. PLEASE SEE THE DISCLOSURES PAGE FOR FURTHER INFORMATION REGARDING OUR POLICIES FOR USING EDITORIAL SAMPLES.
First, I was bitten by the Passiflora bug. Check out the review here. But I just couldn’t resist trying out another NEST Fine Fragrance and word on the street was Midnight Fleur was right up my alley.
Exotic woods, patchouli, black amber and night-blooming jasmine couldn’t be more my kind of scent. While I recognize and love these notes, the fragrance blends into something very unique. It is warm, sensual and slightly masculine. But it isn’t heavy or herbal. I love the dichotomy of Passiflora and Midnight Fleur – both unique but one very green and one very amber. Amazon Lily is also a winner with notes of Amazon Lilies, tangerine, lime, driftwood, and white musk. I have only sampled it, but it seems very feminine and fresh.
The body cream is hydrating and works great for layering the fragrance. I’ve found that this scent lasts through the day, but performs even better when layered over body cream. I love the way the two products look together displayed on the vanity. The bottles are a treat on their own with artwork inspired by 18th Century artist Mrs. Delany. And the artwork even inspired the scent: the company worked with master perfumers to compose complex and exquisite fine fragrances that best represent Mrs. Delany’s unique and meticulous artwork. And the matte black bottle looks so sleek, it deserves to be displayed.
AN EDITORIAL SAMPLE WAS PROVIDED BY THE COMPANY AND EVALUATED TO DETERMINE OUR OPINION OF THE PRODUCT IN THIS POST. PLEASE SEE THE DISCLOSURES PAGE FOR FURTHER INFORMATION REGARDING OUR POLICIES FOR USING EDITORIAL SAMPLES.
Laura Mercier might be known for the flawless face, but I think her bath and body products are just as epic. I love her frothy, sweet but elegant scents. Almond, Coconut and Vanilla are featured prominently (which I love). But her latest scent, Ambre Vanillè, has a hint of musky woody flavor to make is the perfect cozy fall fragrance.
I have gravitated towards the actual Eau de Toilette in the past, but for this collection I am savoring the Souffle Body Cream. The upcoming dry months are the perfect excuse to indulge in a rich and hydrating lotion. Laura didn’t just make a pretty scent either. She really thought about skin care. The formula includes vitamin A, pro-vitamin B5, C and E. Grape seed, rice bran oil, vanilla extract and honey soothe and condition skin. Almond and rice protein provide moisture balance and protection.
The Body Cream doesn’t leave the skin sticky, but it is dewy. The fragrance persists and makes for great layering with your perfume. The consistency isn’t as stiff as other balms – the body cream applies slightly more like a lotion. After using this and Bliss High Intensity ’24-Heaven™’ Healing Body Balm for a couple weeks, my skin looks healthier and more radiant.
1. I can’t quit reaching for my summer bronzer – I am just not quite ready to give up that sun-kissed glow. This bronzer by the Balm has just enough umph and a balance between pink and brown. It also looks great on the lids. (available at Nordstrom)
2. This Victoria’s Secret eye kohl fits perfectly across my lids. I close my eyes around the crayon and drag it outward. This gives a thin, yet intense, jet-black line for a more smoldering eye. I can’t find it online, but it is worth checking out if they have it in the store.
3. BareMinerals Well-Rested Face & Eye Brightener is similar to the YSL Touche Eclat, but has a balanced mineral infusion of radiance. It truly energizes and awakens the eye area. It is sheer so it works on all skin tones. (available at Sephora)
4. As far as BB Creams go, 3LAB is my go-to. I love the coverage, consistency and match to my skin tone. It is on the heavier side but I find if I apply it with the included roller contraption, it goes on super even and natural looking. (available at Nordstrom)
5. I am definitely feeling the spicy, cozy scents for the fall. And this Amber is a clear, clean incarnation that has a hint of musk. (available at Amazon)
6. These hair ties are basically ingrained in my life. They are everywhere: car, bedside tables, purse, bathroom, kitchen. I love they don’t tear or break long strands and they hold up like a champ. I think I have some that around 3 or 4 years old. They even hold my long hair in a top knot (twistbands are available at Birchbox)
7. And for my NYFW “best find”: Clarins Beauty-Flash Balm. This mask/treatment is ideal for a busy day or big event. After not enough sleep, I slapped this on before a big brunch and found my skin looked hydrated, glowy and not the least bit tired. Leave it on for 10 minutes and then apply makeup. Your look will have an extra radiance. (available at Neiman Marcus)