There was something spellbinding about Michelle Dockery’s custom Prada gown. I loved the two shades of red – crimson and burgundy together. Color blocking and minimalism at its best. The makeup was equally neutral and classic, showing off Michelle’s great skin and killer brows. Jordan Long for Laura Mercier was inspired by watercolors by David Downton that were featured in January’s issue of Vanity Fair.
Get The Look:
- Long first prepped the skin with a moisturizer, eye cream and Laura Mercier Lip Balm, ($20).
- Next, Long applied a fine layer of Laura Mercier Silk Crème Foundation in Soft, using a damp sponge. Then she used Ivory, ($45) Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage in SC#1, ($32) to conceal the skin only where needed.
- She then brushed Laura Mercier Crème Cheek Colour in Oleander, ($24) on the apples of the cheeks. In order to give Dockery a subtle glow, Long mixed Laura Mercier Secret Brightener, ($30) with the cream blush.
- Next, she applied a light dusting of Laura Mercier Invisible Loose Setting Powder, ($35), concentrating solely on the t-zone.
- Lastly, Long layered Laura Mercier Crème Cheek Colour in Oleander, ($24) on top of the powder, using the Laura Mercier Finishing Brush, ($42).
LIPS: Neutral lips contrasted the star’s bright, red gown
- Long applied Laura Mercier Lip Glacé in Bellini, ($24) to Dockery’s naturally pigmented lips.
EYES: Strong brows were the focal point of the eyes
- First, Long blended Laura Mercier Matte Eye Colour in Fresco, ($23) over the entire lid.
- Next, she used the Laura Mercier Eye Crease Travel Brush, ($29) to blend in Laura Mercier Baked Eye Colour in Ballet Pink, ($23) at the center of the lids and into the corner of the eyes, providing a subtle shimmer.
- She then applied Laura Mercier Matte Eye Colour in Blanc, ($23) just under the star’s brows.
- Long smudged Laura Mercier Crème Eye Liner in Espresso, ($22) very tightly to the lashline and followed with three coats of Laura Mercier Waterproof Mascara in Black, ($20) on the upper and lower lashes. She then added a strip of Laura Mercier Center Faux Eyelashes, ($18) to provide a “fluttery pop.”
- To finish the look, Long filled in and slightly extended Dockery’s brows with Laura Mercier Matte Eye Colour in Coffee Ground, ($23) using the Laura Mercier Angled Eye Colour Brush, ($29).