Looking for a way to change up your summer makeup look? And even better… at super prices? Look no further than NYC Cosmetics at Wal-Mart. This brand is inspired by the city that never sleeps with great sophisticated shades that are affordable. Below, you’ll find my steps for how I am using NYC Cosmetics to change up my summer look.
While I can’t say dating in the forefront of my mind right now, I am loving this smokey eye – something new for me. And you know my new found love for a bold lip. Here is my how-to for Date Night (or an evening on the town with the girls):
- Starting with the Individual Eyes Custom Compact in Smokey Charcoals, I apply the included primer. I like using the lightest shade all over my lid and then the third shade in my creases for a natural looking eye. But as you can see in the video, if you want to amp up the effect, the four available shades allows for that.
- Using the Show Time Velvet Eyeliner in Noir, an intensely dark, pigmented eyeliner, I line my waterline. I then follow up with the High definition Liquid Eyeliner in Extra Black along the lash line.
- It wouldn’t be date night without bold lashes, so next I apply Big Bold Volume by the Lash Mascara in Extreme Black. My new favorite budget mascara for intense, full-bodied lashes.
- In the summer, bronzer is my jam. So I like to use the Color Wheel Mosaic Face Powder in All Over Bronze Glow. It is easy to sweep across cheeks, temples and jawline for a natural looking glow.
- Last but certainly not least, lips that can withstand a date – dinner and maybe a smooch or two. The Expert Last Lipstick, Traffic Jam lasts for hours on me and is the perfect summer red.
Now is the ideal time for a complete update because on the NYC New York Color page you can watch NYC makeup artists show you how to five different looks for under $20. Bonus: when you’ve watched a video you’ll be eligible to download a coupon for $1 off any NYC New York Color product! Here’s the NYC makeup artist’s Get Date Night Ready video tutorial for a slightly different take than my go-to look!
And who can resist a giveaway! One lucky reader will win the products used in one of the five looks and a $50 Wal-Mart gift card. Enter using the widget below:
Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by Lunchbox. All opinions are my own.