I absolutely love getting a professional blow out (more on my new favorite place in Tulsa tomorrow on the blog)… to the point that it almost pains me to have to wash out all that beauty. But thanks to a huge influx of amazing dry shampoos lately, we have tons of options to eek out a couple extra days of the perfect style. This morning, I’ll be back on FOX23’s Great Day Green Country chatting about my five current favorite dry shampoos (see segment below).
Olivia Wilde took home my award for favorite hair at last night’s Golden Globes. It also doesn’t hurt that her baby bump is pretty darn adorable. Lona Vigi created the look with Oscar Blandi goodies. She was inspired by the star’s natural beauty and wanted to juxtapose her sleek Gucci dress. The sideswept waves were not too “overdone” but rather “sexy” and “effortless”.
First, Lona prepped wet hair using Oscar Blandi Jasmine Oil Serum on the ends for shine and Oscar Blandi Lacca Hairspray on the roots for body and “staying power”. Oscar Blandi Pronto Dry Heat Protect Spray was used to protect locks.
A round brush was used to blow dry hair. After drying, Lona used Oscar Blandi Pronto Texture & Volume Spray all over and then curled it using two different barrel sizes (¾ to 1½ inches). Repeat all over for more texture (I can’t wait to try this!).
What do you think about Olivia’s hair? I think it is totally glam but also works for a causal evening out!
// Shop The Post //
You’d think I’d won the lottery. I was positively giddy when I scored a travel size of Oscar Blandi Pronto Invisible Voluminizing Dry Shampoo back in September. I was already devoted to their Jasmine Oil Hair Serum. But people just raved about their dry shampoos. Alas, it did not disappoint I love the feather-light weight and instant volume is provided. It contains Vitamin E and wheat proteins to strengthen and protect the hair shaft. Plus, it did not show up one single bit on my dark brown hair.
I’m sure it doesn’t shock you that I had to dive deeper into the world of Oscar Blandi. The Naples native with family roots in haircare came to the United States 20 years ago to share old Italian methods. With a New York salon buzzing, he launched products in 2005. Today, stars like Jennifer Garner, Jessica Alba, Jessica Biel, Faith Hill and Kelly Ripa credit their hair to Oscar. After trying out some of his more notable products, I almost feel like the Italian has done my hair. My favorites:
Jasmine Oil Hair Serum: I ordered this eons ago from Birchbox just based on a fabulous scent. I couldn’t get enough of the Jasmine, Ylang Ylang and Eucalyptus. But I was also happy to find it provided a whallop of shine. I use just a very small bit mostly on ends to hydrate and tame fly-aways. It also makes for a great heat-protectant.
Oscar Blandi Pronto Invisible Voluminizing Dry Shampoo: As mentioned above, it adds instant volume, revives day old hair and is clear! No white residue on my dark hair. Side note: did you know Oscar Blandi makes three dry shampoos!? For more of a heavy duty oil absorption, try Oscar Blandi Pronto Dry Shampoo Powder on your strands while you sleep for an overnight refresh. It also helps combat dandruff. If you want a slightly more amped version of the Invisible, try Pronto Dry Shampoo Spray (this might be ideal for those with a slightly oilier scalp).
At Home Salon Glaze: To wrap up every hair color service at the salon, clients are treated to a shine enhancing, color-preserving glaze. Oscar wanted to share it with us who couldn’t make it to the salon and wanted the treatment at home. Thanks to my new found blowout skills, my hair has been a little dull and dry. So I couldn’t tear this open quick enough. The three minute treatment socks hair with moisture and nutrients. Natural plant emoillients help maintain vibrancy while Olive Oil & Macadamia Oil provide instant shine. Soy & Wheat proteins with Panthenol & Vitamin E add nutrition and healthy appearance. You can do the glaze weekly or add a bit to your conditioner for a daily shine boost.
Pronto Texture & Volume Spray: My hair prefers to be straight with zero volume. I got to the point where I didn’t fight it because nothing seemed to work. Well now… hold the phone. This Texture and Volume Spray added that much desired “undone” look to my straight blowout. For the first time, my hair actually held a decent curl. The natural mineral, zeolite, is the key to this volume and hold. Plus, a dose of keratin strengthens hair. The formula is very similar to a hair spray – dry and light-weight. It also comes in handy for extra hold in updos.
AN EDITORIAL SAMPLE WAS PROVIDED BY THE COMPANY AND EVALUATED TO DETERMINE OUR OPINION OF THE PRODUCT IN THIS POST. PLEASE SEE THE DISCLOSURES PAGE FOR FURTHER INFORMATION REGARDING OUR POLICIES FOR USING EDITORIAL SAMPLES.
1. Serge Normant MetaSilk Shampoo and MetaVelour Conditioner make up my new special occasion routine. This duo makes my hair unbelievably soft, bouncy and shining. Somehow they manage to nourish my hair, but still make it feel clean. Cedar bark from Morocco works to clarify the scalp and hair. Natural botanical oils, rice and essential fatty acids in the conditioner make hair silky.
2. Shu Uemura Essential Drops Purifying Blend: I am really into scalp health lately. I have been using the Shu Uemura Cleansing Oil Shampoo and my hair is performing better and looking healthier. With the addition of the Essential Drops, flakiness and itching is basically eradicated. I am hooked especially since I learned a healthy scalp can make your hair look better, longer, with anti-aging effects.
3. blowPro ‘faux dry™’ dry shampoo: Hands down, my favorite dry shampoo this summer is from blowPro. The formula contains a micronized corn starch that volumizes without getting sticky or weighing hair down. It isn’t a spray bottle, but rather you squeeze to release the formula, giving more control over the application.
4. Bumble and bumble Styling Creme: This formula is somewhere between a mousse and gel that works great on wet hair. My blow outs tend to last just a little longer, waves tend to hold up a little longer, when I use this stuff before blow drying. Just use a little bit and it will never become stiff or sticky.
5. Oscar Blandi Jasmine Oil Serum: The ends of my hair have become a little dry this summer. And they drink up this hair serum like crazy. Not to mention this stuff smells amazingly good. I love it before bedtime. And it doesn’t make my hair greasy in the least bit.
6. Goody Doublewear Elastic: These make a great addition to any arm party, and make a polished looking pony. I also love the headband version that turns into a necklace.