I’m having a love affair with powders lately, particularly this one and this one. I can add the newest offering from Hourglass Cosmetics to that list. These powders have a little twist, though. They diffuse and soften the way light is reflected, improving the appearance of skin. It can add radiance, conceal imperfections, and even tone.
Ambient Lighting Powder uses “photoluminescent technology”, making each particle very small while still refracting light and giving coverage. Each invisible color-correcting particle filters out harsh lights. Six different shades offer six different effects. The brand discribes the shades:
- DIFFUSED LIGHT: A soft, warm, pale yellow powder. Light your skin with DIFFUSED LIGHT to reduce redness and give skin clarity – like a soft ray of morning light.
- ETHEREAL LIGHT: An opalescent sheer, cool white powder. Light your skin with ETHEREAL LIGHT to mimic a moonlit glow – even in broad daylight.
- RADIANT LIGHT: A sun-kissed golden beige powder. Light your skin with RADIANT LIGHT to extend a summer glow, or enhance the overall complexion with believable, subtle, warmth.
- MOOD LIGHT: A soft, sheer lavender pink powder. Light your skin with MOOD LIGHT to mimic the softest most forgiving light and reveal your brightest complexion.
- DIM LIGHT: A neutral peach beige powder. Light your skin with DIM LIGHT to blur imperfections and highlight a radiant complexion with the perfect balance of warm and cool tones.
- LUMINOUS LIGHT: A champagne pearl powder. Light your skin with LUMINOUS LIGHT to create a soft, incandescent candlelit glow – day or night.
I’ve been wearing Diffused Light over the weekend and have found the creamy, fine powder to really enhance the finish of my current favorite foundation. The yellow undertones work well in neutralizing my redness. While it looks very light in the pan, Diffused Light is actually transparent without adding any ashiness. And great news: Paraben, talc, fragrance, nano-particles and gluten free (this last one for my blogging buddy, Lauren).
I’ve been applying mine with a regular powder brush, but this Ambient Powder Brush, specially designed to work with the powder looks pretty nifty. It is densely packed, allowing for ideal, even application of the powder. And it comes with a protective travel pouch. Next up, I can’t wait to try Radiant Light for an early summer glow.
Shop the shades and brush here:
AN EDITORIAL SAMPLE WAS PROVIDED BY THE COMPANY AND EVALUATED TO DETERMINE OUR OPINION OF THE PRODUCT IN THIS POST. PLEASE SEE THE DISCLOSURES PAGE FOR FURTHER INFORMATION REGARDING OUR POLICIES FOR USING EDITORIAL SAMPLES.