Katharine McPhee went the daring route with a plunging neckline and classic black. The twitterverse was split on the dress, but you can’t deny that Katherine looks beautiful. Artist Jake Bailey adds “Katharine’s dress looks like it belongs in a Helmut Newton photograph, so I thought the makeup should be strong and sultry…the kind of eye makeup that would be in one of those photographs. It’s an eye look for sure – a smoky eye with a beautiful nude skin palette.” All makeup used was NARS.
- Radiant Creamy Concealer (New for Spring 2013)
- Light Reflecting Setting Powder – Pressed (New for Spring 2013)
- Biscayne Park Satin Lip Pencil (New for Spring 2013)
Makeup Artist Stephen Sollitto complimented Amy Adams’ “ballet pink” Marchesa gown with soft, but sophisticated makeup. Flawless complexion was played up by her eyes and natural, luxe lips.
- Sollitto prepped Adams’ skin using RèVive Moisture Serum Extreme to ensure the star’s skin remain moisturized throughout the red carpet and award show.
- Next, he applied Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20 – Oil Free to give the skin a sheer hint of colour.
- To complete her flawless face and create a natural-looking glow, he applied Laura Mercier Crème Cheek Colour in Canyon to Amy’s cheek bones, followed by Laura Mercier Crème Cheek Colour in Oleander to the apples of her cheeks.
- Sollitto applied Laura Mercier Secret Concealer around Adams’ eye area to conceal imperfections.
- Next, he applied Laura Mercier Sateen Eye Colour in Sandstone to add a hint of natural colour.
- He then applied Laura Mercier Sequin Eye Colour in Twinkling Star to create depth and definition.
- Next, he blended Laura Mercier Sateen Eye Colour in Sable onto the top of her lids and under her bottom lashes.
- Sollitto lined Adams’ eyes using Dior Style Liner and applied Dior DiorShow Backstage Makeup Mascara to elongate her lashes.
- Sollitto applied Laura Mercier Crème Smooth Lip Colour in Plum Orchid to the star’s lips, and then completed the look by applying Laura Mercier Lip Glacè in Raspberry.
Celebrity makeup artist, Jeannia Robinette, was inspired by Salma Hayek’s midnight blue dress and balanced the glamourous dress with youthful and fresh makeup. “The eyes are very luminescent – we lightened them up with coppers and silvery peach, then gave them depth with eggplant and plum. With a bright lip, the look was trendy, young, and modern.” All makeup used was NARS.
- Radiant Creamy Concealer (New for Spring 2013)
- Light Reflecting Powder – Pressed (New for Spring 2013)
- Skorpios Soft Touch Shadow Pencil
- Calabria Soft Touch Shadow Pencil
- Bouthan Duo Eyeshadow (New for Spring 2013)
- Copcacabana Multiple
- Red Square Velvet Matte Lip Pencil
- Lodhi Satin Lip Pencil (New for Spring 2013)
Celebrity Makeup Artist Fiona Stiles went for modern Hollywood Glamour for Rosie Huntington-Whiteley’s look. I like that it is slightly more bold than my other picks. That pink lip is one of my favorites of the night.
”I dusted Burberry’s Warm Glow Summer Glow no.4 Bronzer on Rosie’s cheekbones and forehead for a healthy, fresh glow. Rosie is so incredibly gorgeous and a bit of sun-kissed glow really suits her.”
- Foundation: Burberry Velvet Foundation “Trench no. 207”
- Concealer: Laura Mercier Secret Concealer #3
- Luminizer: Benefit “Sun Beam”
- Powder: Chanel Poudre Universelle Libre #30
“I kept Rosie’s eyes very simple; a soft wash of neutral color and a bit of definition in the socket. I elongated the eye with a brown pencil, and softened the line with mark I-Mark Wet/Dry Eye Shadow in Tabac. I love using brown because it’s so sexy but maintains a soft look. Next, I applied two coats of mark Lash All You Want High-Volume Mascara in Black to Rosie’s top lashes and one coat of mark Lash All You Want High-Volume Mascarain Brown/Black to her bottom lashes. I groomed her brows using Anastasia Brow Wiz in Medium Ash, lightly sculpting them with pencil to create the perfect frame for her face.”
- Eyeshadow: Burberry “Trench no. 2” and Burberry “Almond no. 6”
- Eyeliner: Laura Mercier Kohl Eye Pencil in “brown Copper”
“I applied mark Lipclick Full Color Lipstick in Cha Cha for a gorgeous Hollywood finish. A red lip creams glamour, but I matted down the finish and made the edges soft and undefined, patting it on with my finger for a less overpowering look.”
And my award for best hair goes to Kate Hudson – soft, shiny but full and smooth hair. Celebrity hairstylist, David Babaii remarks “Kate is my generation’s Brigitte Bardot showing off soft voluptuous hair that is touchable, glamorous and now Kate’s very own signature look.” note: IT&LY is found in salons.
- David started with IT&LY’s Pure Water Drops Serum before blow drying.
- Next, he added IT&LY’s Pure Style Mousse Strong and used a medium round brush at the root area to add volume then switching to a large round brush to smooth and create soft rounded edges.
- After drying, David created a natural side part spritzing IT&LY’s Pure Volumizing Eco at the base for added lift and down the shaft for more piecey definition.
- For her sexy fringe he wrapped the bang area around a medium round brush spraying a small amount of IT&LY’s Pure Volumizing Eco again. With the blow dryer temperature on high, he directed heat on the brush followed by a quick blast of cool air to set. Gently he removed the brush to release the fringe.
- With his fingers he combed through and allowed the hair to fall naturally into place.
- To finish, he misted the hair with IT&LY Pure Definition Hair Spray for soft touchable hair with memory hold.
I’d love to hear your favorite looks of the evening in the comments below!
Katherine McPhee photo by Just Jared and Salma Hayek photo by Getty