I admit I have some catching up to do on Girls, the drama on HBO staring four twenty-somethings living in NYC. But I am a big fan of the show. The plot is sassy and smart and real. After watching some of season one, I fell in love with Allison Williams, daughter of NBC Nightly news anchor Brian Williams. She has classic beauty and the smarts to be an actor taken very seriously with tremendous talent.
At Wednesday night’s Girls season two premier, Celebrity Makeup Artist Julie Harris for CARGO Cosmetics worked to compliment Allison’s Altuzarra bustier top.
- Julie first applied a thin layer of the CARGO Liquid Foundation, which is a great oil-free foundation, in shade F-20 to Allison’s flawless skin in order to add a little glow for the red carpet
- She then applied a touch of the CARGO OneBaseTM to highlight and brighten under the eyes
- Julie wanted to bring out the blue in Allison’s eyes so she applied a gold shimmer shadow all over the lid and a slightly deeper gold shade in the crease and right below the lower lash line using the CARGO Color Palette in Baja
- To emphasize Allison’s beautiful lashes, Julie applied the CARGO High Pigment Pencil in Black along the water line and TexasLiner (liquid liner with a felt tip – available this spring) along the top and bottom lashes before applying two coats of mascara with the CARGO TexasLash Mascara in Black for maximum volume and impact
- Using the CARGO Bronzer in Medium, Julie focused on the high points of Allison’s face (the forehead, the temples, cheekbones, chin and down the sides of her neck) to give skin warmth
- Julie then applied CARGO Blush in Cannes to the apples of her cheeks to create a fresh glow along with the CARGO ColorStick in Champagne on the brow bones and cheekbones to highlight while also adding a light shimmer
- She also lightly dusted the CARGO blu_ray™ Blush/Highlighter in Pink Shimmer to the top of cheeks and up to the temples, creating a dewy effect to go with the shimmery eye
- Lastly, Julie kept Allison’s lips soft with CARGO Lip Gloss in Fresno, a pretty pink/nude gloss
Shop for the products used to Get the Look here: