I’m still stunned by the tragedy my home state of Oklahoma experienced yesterday. While we were safe and sound in Tulsa, my friends in Oklahoma City were not. The destruction and loss of life in Moore is heartbreaking. So instead of beauty today, I’d like to share some ways to help.
- The Red Cross said the best way to assist families is to make a donation to www.redcross.org/okc or www.redcross.org or text REDCROSS to 90999 to make a $10 donation. To ensure your Red Cross donations go to those in the affected area check out, http://www.redcross.org/ok/oklahoma-city/about/chapters/central-oklahoma
- Donations to the United Way of Central Oklahoma’s Disaster Relief Fund may be made online at www.unitedwayokc.org
- Text FOOD to 32333 for a $10 donation the Regional Food Bank of Oklahoma.
- Text STORM to 80888 for a $10 Salvation Army relief donation.
- United Way of Central Oklahoma’s Disaster Relief Fund is open. Donations may be made online at www.unitedwayokc.org or by mail to United Way of Central Oklahoma, P.O. Box 837, Oklahoma City, OK 73101 with notation for May Tornado Relief.
- Contributions to the Moore & Shawnee Tornado Relief Fund can be made securely online at www.TulsaCF.org. Donations can also be mailed to TCF offices at 7030 S. Yale, Suite 600, Tulsa, OK, 74136.
- Donate funds to the Central Oklahoma Humane Society at www.okhumane.org/donate
- Donate funds to the National Disaster Search Dog Foundation at www.searchdogfoundation.org