Okay guys… one more NYFW round up. I feel like these can sometimes get a little old, but if there is a particular look I fall for, I can’t help but sharing. Even more so when it is used at a presentation for a clothing line I love and wear. Let’s be honest, I would wear The Row 24/7 if I had an unlimited budget. So, Elizabeth & James offers that same quality with a little bit of casual breeziness. When I invest in an Elizabeth & James piece, I wear it for years.
The look created by Lauren Andersen is modern yet classic so it is no wonder it all is achieved with the iconic American brand, Avon. The minimalist tone includes glowy complexions and just a hint of color. Not to mention, some serious eyebrows (I’m currently letting mine just grow wild and I am loving it). Andersen describes the looks as “fresh yet sophisticated” and compliments the “relaxed, casual vibe of the spring collection.”
To get the clean natural look:
- Prep skin. Using a foundation brush and your finger, apply a thin layer of Avon Ideal Flawless Invisible Coverage Liquid Foundation only on areas that need coverage. To create a natural dewiness, go back over the foundation with a wet sponge. (I love the idea of going over already applied foundation with a wet sponge rather than using a wet sponge to apply)
- Highlight cheeks, brow bone and nose by swiping these areas with Avon Smooth Minerals Powder Foundation in Transparent Glow.
- To keep cheeks looking dewy and fresh, apply Avon Ultra Color Lipstick in Carnation, a blushing pink shade, on the apples of cheeks. (I can’t help but get giddy when artists use a product for another purpose than as it was intended)
- On the eyes, use a light wash of shadow with Avon True Color Eye Shadow Duo in Healthy Glow. Apply the lighter shade to the inner eyes and across the lid. Blend the darker shade very lightly along the lash line. (I have been really impressed with Avon’s shadows – they are creamy and super pigmented thanks to a special process used while being made)
- Lightly line eyes for a “just-defined look” with Avon’s Kohl Eye Liner in Intense Brown.
- Give lashes volume and definition with Avon Mega Effects Mascara. (This stuff is seriously the bomb – see my review here.)
- Finish the look by matching lip color to the shade used on cheeks. Apply Avon Ultra Color Lipstick in Carnation to the center of the lips with your finger and then blot it out to give the pout a natural-yet-noticeable stain effect.
AN EDITORIAL SAMPLE MAY HAVE BEEN PROVIDED BY THE COMPANY AND EVALUATED TO DETERMINE OUR OPINION OF THE PRODUCT IN THIS POST. PLEASE SEE THE DISCLOSURES PAGE FOR FURTHER INFORMATION REGARDING OUR POLICIES FOR USING EDITORIAL SAMPLES.