My mornings are always rushed. When will I ever learn? But one thing I have mastered is a quick makeup routine. I’ve been so pleased with this set of products that I couldn’t resist sharing. And not to mention this whole thing takes me less than five minutes (4:26 minutes this AM thanks to my handy Apple Watch stopwatch).
- After using my favorite Aveeno Baby Continuous Protection Lotion Sunscreen With Broad Spectrum SPF 50 (which is oddly moisturizing), I apply Laura Mercier Illuminating Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20 in Warm Radiance, a medium peach beige/ for medium complexions with pink undertones. It camouflages my hyper-pigmentation without a heavy or cake-y looking coverage. I just apply with my fingers, but a beauty blending sponge would also work well.
- Next, I brighten under my eyes with NARS Soft Matte Complete Concealer in Honey. Normally I don’t care for matte finish but this works nicely with the illuminating tinted moisturizer and it has great staying power. Sometimes I use a brush to blend this in, but usually I apply just with my fingers. I also do some spot coverage on blemishes if necessary if the tinted moisturizer doesn’t cut it on its own.
- One of my favorite new products of the season is the Laura Mercier J’adore Le Soleil Sunrise Highlighter Crayon. I apply two stripes under my cheek bones and blend upward for just a wash of color – very sun-kissed and natural. Also, a little on the eyelids adds a touch of color.
- Another favorite find of the summer is BECCA Shimmering Skin Perfector Poured Crème Highlighter in Moonstone. I tap a little bit of this under my eyes, down my nose and above my cupid’s bow. It also adds a nice touch under the brow. The cream consistency allows for such a natural and “grown up” highlighter application.
- I’ve really embraced a bold brow lately and have been using two products to get the look. First, I use the brush end of Dior Diorshow Brow Styler Ultra-Fine Precision Brow Pencil in Universal Shade to tame any unruly, rogue hairs. Next, I use the pencil to fill in any sparse spots. Lastly, I set the shape and add color with LASHFOOD BROWFOOD Tinted Brow Enhancing Gelfix in Brunette. It has a peptide blend promises to deliver fuller, stronger brows. While I have only been using it for a couple weeks, I am hopeful about some of my sparse spots getting some growth. Will keep you posted.
- I am still hooked on Kat Von D Tattoo Liner in Trooper. Nothing has quite the precision and staying power. I apply a quick and thin line right against my lashes. I did try the brown shade, Mad Max Brown. But it had no where close the pigment and ultimately went into the trash can.
- Last but not least, I use Lancôme DÉFINICILS WATERPROOF High Definition Mascara in Black. I am a waterproof mascara devotee – I just get way too much fallout with regular mascara. I make every effort to get the brush right against the lashes at the root for the best effect.
Lastly, I got a peel today by the fabulous Gabriel Horn here in Tulsa. It promises no downtime which I love in the middle of the work week. I will pop back in and share results in a couple of days.