Seems like skin care just moves more to the forefront every day. Not just for beauty buffs and bloggers, but for my gal pals and family too. I love that great skin is now valued as much as a great foundation! So I thought I would start out this little weekend series (aka Happy Valentine’s Day to Me) with my evening skin care routine. I don’t dive into formulas too much here – just discussing why I love the products.
1. Drunk Elephant Pekee Bar – I just started reviewing this line, but I am already obsessed with their bar soaps. Don’t let the bar form scare you – this formula is still toxin and soap-free. My skin is left balanced, moisturized, calmed and clean.
2. Foreo Luna – I use the Drunk Elephant to create a foam and then use this strange looking device to amp up the cleansing action. I use the Ultra Sensitive version and am still really pleased with the improvement in my cleansing action. While I will never relinquish my Clarisonic, I prefer this in the evenings. The low-frequency pulsation smooths skin, the device is waterproof and you never have to buy replacement brushes – bonus!
3. Fresh Black Tea Instant Perfecting Mask – I don’t use this every night, but it is part of my routine a couple times a week. The black tea works against free radicals (which causes wrinkles – yuckie). The whipped texture is just too fun to use. And my revealed skin is clearer and softer. Plus, you guys… this stuff smells so darn good – like a warm, beach-front spa.
4. blisslabs active 99.0 anti-aging series multi-action eye cream – I know I have mentioned this eye cream before but it is just so darn good. I am also obsessed with a Kate Somerville version, but more on that later this weekend. I slather this on when my under-eye is looking rather crape-y and tired. And I’ll be darned – I look perked up instantly.
5. Tammy Fender Intensive Repair Balm – This last one is also a repeat, but I literally missed this moisturizer while I was out of town. The gel-like texture dives deep to nourish skin and I wake up with the glow that I usually only find in the summer months.
Shop The Post:
Foreo and Fresh samples generously provided by Neiman Marcus as part of the Beauty Ambassador Program. I consult for Neiman Marcus which is affiliated with the Neiman Marcus Group. Other products may have been provided by the company. As always, all opinions are my own. See Disclosure Page for more information regarding our use of editorial samples.